Immigration Fact Fair
From: Katie Gaughan (kgaughanadvrights.org)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
"The Immigrant and Refugee Story from a Human Rights Perspective"

Fact and resource fair sponsored by The Faribault Diversity Coalition,
in partnership with The Advocates for Human Rights and other agencies

Saturday, April 26, from 10 am to 2 pm in the Great Hall of Buckham
Library in Faribault, Minnesota

The purpose of this event is to help shed light on the facts surrounding
immigration to the U.S. and Minnesota, as well as provide information
about the rights of immigrants and refugees who reside in our community.
Through this event, we hope to better understand why and how people
become immigrants and refugees, as well as how they interact
economically and in other ways with their new communities following
immigration. We also aim to provide immigrants and refugees with
community resources, as well as information about their basic human
rights, including housing and medical services. Throughout this event,
we will use videos to help provide a window into the lived experiences
of immigrants and refugees, as well as help explore Minnesota's past to
learn about the common ground that most of us - as immigrants - share.

The Coalition hopes that this event can provide a positive environment
for our community to learn more about the realities of so many of our
immigrant and refugee residents here in Faribault, as well as provide
our immigrant and refugee residents with a place to learn of services
available to them as they become part of our community.

Free food will be available. The event is open to the public and all are
warmly invited to attend. The event is part of the Healthy Together
Initiative supported by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN Foundation.

For more information, contact Aysem Senyurekli at
asenyurekli [at] advrights.org or (612) 341-3302 ext. 112.