Progressive Calendar 03.15.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

1. Women's rights    3.15 8am
2. Queer youth fest  3.15 9am
3. Workplace justice 3.15 10am
4. NWN4P Mtka        3.15 11am
5. Antiwar demo      3.15 1pm
6. Northtown vigil   3.15 2pm
7. Green career      3.15 2pm
8. Twain/war prayer  3.15 7:30pm StCloud MN

9. Stillwater vigil  3.16 1pm
10. McKinney/film    3.16 1:30pm
11. AI               3.16 3pm
12. How media lies   3.16 3pm

13. Joe Bodell     - Ciresi leaves Senate race; what next?
14. Mickey Z       - Antiwar and pro-troops? No way.
15. PC Roberts     - Watching the dollar die
16. Don Santina    - Vichy Dems: Pelosi & the politics of collaboration
17. Peter Erlinder - The torture of Sami Al Arian
18. Anonymous      - Ha ha

--------1 of 18--------

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Womens rights 3.15 8am

The 13th Annual International Women's Day Celebration: "Women Leading for
Global Justice"

Saturday, March 15, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. University of Minnesota,
Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis.
Plenary panel on indigenous rights, workshops, performances, film, visual
arts and display and information tables from over 60 co-sponsoring
organizations. Keynote Speaker: Robin Morgan. FFI: Call 612-341-3302
(extension 107) or email <mhunt [at] mnadvocates.org>.

--------2 of 18--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Queer youth fest 3.15 9am

Minnesota School OUTreach Coalition presents
The 3rd Annual Q-Quest Youth Fest!
A Conference Exploring and Celebrating the Voices of Queer Youth & Allies

Saturday, March 15th 2008
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Webster Community School
425 Fifth Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Go to http://sss.mpls.k12.mn.us/QQuestYouthFest2008.html to register
online now!

Also: Adult volunteers needed!  Contact Jessi Tebben at
Out4Good [at] mpls.k12.mn.us)

 Explore Identity:/ Explore personal identity and voice within the context
of a diverse queer community.
 Plan for the Future:/ Consider options for education, career and family.
 Make Connections:/ Think, create, and celebrate with youth from

Who should come? Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning,
intersexed youth and straight allies ages 18 and under. (Youth aged 19-21
are also invited to join the event and share their experiences, but the
conference focuses on high school students.)

We warmly welcome GSA advisors or other school staff and parent
volunteers to attend as chaperones.
Cost: The entire event is free, including workshops, lunch, dinner,
and entertainment.

Conference sponsor:   The Minnesota School OUTreach Coalition, a
coalition of Minnesota students, educators, families, community members
and organizations working within the broad context of schools to address
the issues of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning people.

Registration:   Every participant (including school staff) must fill
out a registration form online.

Subject: Northtown vigil 3.15 2pm
What should I bring? Bring a positive attitude and the willingness to
network with other youth!  Please do not bring any valuables, weapons,
drugs, or alcohol.

--------3 of 18--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: Workplace justice 3.15 10am

March 15: Workplace Justice. Support/Networking Meeting. 10 AM-Noon.
Minnesota Women's Building, 550 Rice St., St. Paul. 952/996-9291.

--------4 of 18--------

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P Mtka 3.15 11am

NWN4P-Minnetonka demonstration- Every Saturday, 11 AM to noon, at Hwy. 7
and 101.  Park in the Target Greatland lot; meet near the fountain. We
will walk along the public sidewalk. Signs available.

--------5 of 18--------

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Antiwar demo 3.15 1pm

Mass Antiwar Demonstration: "U.S. Out of Iraq Now!

Saturday, March 15, 1:00 p.m. Gather at Hennepin and Lagoon Avenues
(Uptown), Minneapolis. 1:30 p.m. March north down Hennepin Avenue for 1.5
miles to Loring Park at Oak Grove Street and Hennepin Ave. There will be a
closing rally near Loring Park. Join a mass antiwar demonstration to mark
the 5th anniversary of the war with a call of: "Not One More Death! Not
One More Dollar! Not One More Day! U.S. Out of Iraq Now! End the War and
Occupation! No War on Iran! Fund education, housing, health care and other
human needs! Bring the troops home now!" Initiated by: the Year-5
Committee to End the War. FFI or Interested in being a peace marshal?:
Call Marie Braun, 612-522-1861.

From: Vanka485 [at] aol.com

Peace vigil at Northtown (Old Hwy 10 & University Av.), every Saturday
2:00 -- 3:00 PM.