Progressive Calendar 02.27.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:11:24 -0800 (PST)

1. MN 8/KFAI        2.27 11am
2. Water rights     2.27 12:15pm
3. Nonprofit budget 2.27 1pm
4. Transit/biomass  2.27 3:30pm
5. Islam/women/film 2.27 5:30pm
6. Sustain homes    2.27 6pm
7. Student/society  2.27 6pm
8. USA v Al-Arian/f 2.27 6:30pm
9. GLBT writers     2.27 7pm
10. Pete Seeger/TV  2.27 8pm

11. Shoot first/NO  2.28 9am
12. Eagan vigil     2.28 4:30pm
13. Northtown vigil 2.28 5pm
14. Hitler/film     2.28 7pm
15. Health activism 2.28 7pm

16. Michael Colby       - Ralph Nader vs the fundamentalist liberals
17. Rosemarie Jackowski - It's an election, not a coronation

--------1 of 17--------

From: Andy Driscoll <andy [at] driscollgroup.com>
Subject: MN 8/KFAI 2.27 11am

TRUTH TO TELL
11:00 AM WEDNESDAY, FEB 27:
KFAI

MINNESOTA EIGHT: War Resistance Yesterday and Today as Politics Intersect
with Art Again in a New Play, Peace Crimes: The Minnesota 8 vs. The War at
Rarig Center.

PEACE CRIMES opens Feb. 22 at Rarig Center, University of Minnesota. Seven
of the Minnesota 8 are still around and still working on peace issues
after their arrests and convictions for messing up and destroying
documents in Selective Service offices in several Minnesota cities. They
copped to it and served a couple of years for it. The Doris Baizley play
draws from a Frank Kroncke memoir. KFAI¹s own Don Olson (Northern Sun
News) is another surviving member. The Eight were represented by Attorney
Ken Tilsen, a Minnesota progressive icon.

GUESTS:
 Minnesota Eight members FRANK KRONCKE and DON OLSON
 Playwright DORIS BAIZLEY
 History Theatre Artistic Director RON PELUSO, Director, Peace Crimes.