Progressive Calendar 11.12.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:06:25 -0800 (PST)

1. AAUW/equity    11.12 9:30am
2. Gitmo          11.12 6pm
3. Smart energy   11.12 6pm
4. Peace church   11.12 6:30pm
5. MN labor v war 11.12 7pm
6. Peace culture  11.12 7pm

7. New Orleans    11.13 12noon
8. Art/public     11.13 4pm
9. Palestine/CTV  11.13 5pm
10. MAP/peace     11.13 6pm
11. Single payer  11.13 7pm Owatonna MN
12. Nonprofit     11.13

13. Ernest Partridge - American people to the free world: HELP!
14. Naomi Klein      - Latin America's shock resistance
15. ed               - Shrinking Democrats  (poem)

--------1 of 15--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: AAUW/equity 11.12 9:30am

Monday, November 12: American Association of University Women Minneapolis
Branch. 9:30-10:30AM: Equity in Public Office with Dr. Shirley Nelson,
Women Candidate Development Coalition. 1:15-2:15PM: Business Meeting,
2115 Stevens Avenue, Minneapolis.

--------2 of 15--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Gitmo 11.12 6pm

Monday, 11/12, 5:30 registration, 6 to 7:30 pm program, James Dorsey and
Nicole Moen, attorneys for an Algerian detainee at Guantanamo, speak on
"The Guantanamo Bay Challenge: Finding the Balance between Security and
Our Nation's Ideals," Cowles Auditorium, Humphrey Institute, 301 - 19th
Ave S, Mpls.  $15.  http://www.micglobe.org/

--------3 of 15--------

From: Margaret Levin <Margaret.Levin [at] sierraclub.org>
Subject: Smart energy 11.12 6pm

Flip the Switch - Global Warming Volunteer Action Night

With Congress getting ready to vote on a raising gas mileage standards
(sometimes called CAFÉ) and creating a renewable electricity standard
(RES), the Sierra Club is working to flood our Representatives and
Senators with phone calls supporting these important steps toward smart
energy solutions. We need to let our members know these votes are coming
up and get letters to the editor into local papers, so come to a Global
Warming Action night next week to write a letter and call Sierra Club
members about taking action.

Help cool the earth while enjoying warm pizza and refreshments!
Flip the Switch - Global Warming Volunteer Action Night

Monday, November 12 and
Wednesday, November 14
6 PM to 9 PM
Sierra Club office, 2327 E Franklin St, Suite 1, Minneapolis, MN
RSVP:  margaret.levin [at] sierraclub.org or 612-659-9124 x306