Progressive Calendar 09.30.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

1. Women's bike ride  9.30 10:30am
2. Stillwater vigil   9.30 1pm
3. Art/culture/change 9.30 3pm
4. Marx in Soho/play  9.30 3pm
5. WAMM auction       9.30 5pm
6. N4Peace concert    9.30 7pm
7. Jeremy Scahill/ch2 9.30 10:30pm

8. Blog workshop      10.01 7pm
9. Truth to power     10.01 7:30pm

10. AlliantAction     10.02 7am
11. Civil liverty/war 10.02 11:30am
12. Rachel Corrie/CTV 10.02 5pm
13. Returning vets    10.02 5:30pm
14. Policy advocacy   10.02 6:30pm
15. Salon/farm bill   10.02 6:30pm
16. Farms/animals     10.02 7pm
17. Impeach for peace 10.02 7pm
18. Poems from Gitmo  10.02 7:30pm
19. Public relations  10.02

20. Denise C Breton    - Books on restorative justice
21. Alexander Cockburn - Clinton time: clocks forward or back?
22. Ralph Nader        - Free lunches, for corporations!
23. Seth Sandronsky    - Since 1980 a steady decline for most workers
24. Harold Meyerson    - The rise of the have-nots

--------1 of 24--------

From: Nicole Waxmonsky-Tu <Nickel542 [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Women's bike ride 9.30 10:30am

Attention women cyclists --
If you have been looking for a group to ride with, this is the ride to
check out!  Sunday, September 30th, meet other women cyclists in the
Roseville area as we make our way out to Stillwater on the Gateway Trail.
The trip is about ~30miles round trip and will include a stop in
Stillwater for lunch.  The plan is to meet up at 10:30am at McCarron Lake
and head onto the Gateway trail from there.

Gateway Trail: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_trails/gateway/index.html

Thanks and hope to see you there!  Contact us if you have any questions!
Nicole (651-five8seven-3eight3eight)
Lisa Edstrom (651-six4seven-1three0seven)

--------2 of 24--------

From: scot b <earthmannow [at] comcast.net>
Subject: Stillwater vigil 9.30 1pm

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Art/culture/change 9.30 3pm

ART, CULTURE AND THEATER FOR A CHANGE!
How can we use art, culture, and theater to help us organize, mobilize,
educate and win? How can we understand and counter the stories of our
oppressors? Come to a workshop at the Jack Pine Community Center (2815
East Lake Street) on Sunday September 30th from 3 to 5 p.m. and share your
ideas!

See pictures of how art, theater and spectacle has been used in
large-scale mobilizations. Hear stories of how art can be used in
organizing for social change.  Participate in some theater-making
exercises to stretch your legs and your imagination! Art, culture and
theater are essential to tell our stories, win public support, keep us
hopeful, have fun, and communicate powerfully from our hearts.

David Solnit, who will facilitate, is an arts organizer and puppeteer who
uses culture, art, giant puppets, direct action and theater in mass
mobilizations, and as an organizing tool. He has worked with farmworker,
unions, environmental justice, immigrant rights, anarchist, anti-war, and
human rights groups. He is the editor of Globalize Liberation and
co-author of Army of None.

--------4 of 24--------

From:   Peter Rachleff <rachleff [at] macalester.edu>
Subject: Marx in Soho/play 9.30 3pm

On Sunday, September 30, at 3PM, Macalester College will host the Twin
Cities only performance of Howard Zinn's play, "Marx in Soho."  Bob Wieck
has been touring the country with this play for the past two years.  The
performance will be in the Weyerhaueser Chapel and it will be free and
open to the public.  The play runs 75 minutes, and it will be followed by
a post-show panel discussion.

--------5 of 24--------

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: WAMM auction 9.30 5pm

WAMM's 23rd Annual Silent Auction

Sunday, September 30, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. St.  Joan of Arc Church, 4537
Third Avenue South, Minneapolis. The WAMM Silent Auction features over 200
items such as gift certificates, vacation getaways, restaurants, health
and wellness services, theater tickets, artwork, gourmet dinners and much
more. Be sure to stop by the Hot Buys tables where you will find small
items to go. Enjoy a substantial complimentary buffet. Supervised
children's activities available. The WAMM Silent Auction is the perfect
way to celebrate peace. Admission: $5.00 to $25.00 (no one turned away).
FFI: Call WAMM 612-827-5364.

One week on Cape Cod
Second week of June, 2008. Four bedroom, four bathroom home in Wellfleet
on the Bay with three side porches and a roof top porch. The house is
equipped with bikes; bike paths that go up and down the Cape are closeby.
Great place for a family reunion; across the main highway from the
National Seashore. Value: $2000. Minimum Bid:  $1,000.

....etc others...  and

One night in Fridey. Will seems like much longer. Minimum bid: whatever.

--------6 of 24--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: N4Peace concert 9.30 7pm

Sunday, 9/30, 7 pm, fundraiser for St Anthony Park Neighbors for Peace,
featuring The Mamas in concert, St Anthony Park Lutheran Church, 2323 Como
Ave. St Paul.  www.parkpeace.org

--------7 of 24---------

From: Ahmed <ata200221 [at] msn.com>
Subject: Jeremy Scahill/ch2 9.30 10:30pm

.. is BelAhdan this Sunday
Guest of this week
Belahdan interviewed Jeremy Scahill, regular contributor to the Nation and
Democracy Now and author of "Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most
Powerful Mercenary Army," Please watch his interview  on Sunday , public TV
www.belahdan.com <http://www.belahdan.com/>

Ahmed Tharwat/ Host
<http://www.belahdan.com/> BelAhdan
TV show  airs on Public TV