Progressive Calendar 09.29.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

1. Palestine         9.29 8:30am StJoseph MN
2. City refugee camp 9.29 8:30am
3. Kid's garden bene 9.29 10am
4. Steelworker rally 9.29 10am
5. NWN4P Minnetonka  9.29 11am
6. Army of None      9.29 1pm
7. Exco college      9.29 1pm
8. Marine/peace/film 9.29 7pm
9. Rachel Corrie/CTV 9.29 9pm

10. Cindy Sheehan - Pro-democracy means anti-fascism
11. Dave Lindorff - Time for a mass resignation from the Democratic Party

--------1 of 11--------

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject:  Palestine 9.29 8:30am StJoseph MN

"Seeking to Understand the Palestinian/Israeli Conflict"
Saturday, September 29, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The College of St.
Benedict, Gorecki Conference Center, 37 South College Avenue, St. Joseph.

This assembly is intended to engage participants in an initial examination
of the relationships between Palestine and Israel. The theme will be
addressed by a panel of speakers: Rev. John Darlington, Wendy Kaufmyn,
Lorin Peters, and Florence Steichen CSJ. Workshops in an afternoon session
will include topics giving further attention to the subject. Presented by:
Pax Christi Minnesota. FFI and to Register: Call 651-699-8565 or visit
<www.csbsju.edu/csbcampusministry>.

--------2 of 11--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: City refugee camp  9.29 8:30am
***SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

Doctors without Borders
Refugee Camp in the City
Loring Park, Minneapolis
www.doctorswithoutborders.org/education/refugeecamp/

--------3 of 11--------

From: Britt  Carlson <britta00 [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Kid's garden bene 9.29 10am

Fundraiser for the Community Design Center's Children's Garden Program
Outdoor concert by Celtic folk group Barra (http://www.barraband.com/)
Saturday, September 29 - 10 to 12 a.m.
Swede Hollow Café Patio
725 East 7th Street,
St. Paul, MN
Suggested donation:  $10.00
Outdoor event, weather permitting.

The Community Design Center of Minnesota operates two summer, youth
internship programs: the East Side Garden Corps and the East Side
Conservation Corps. Youth between the ages of 13 and 18, who live or go to
school in East Side St. Paul, can participate in these programs.

The youth from the Community Design Center will be present, selling
garden-related products (veggies, vinegars, wreaths) and telling folks
about the program.