Oct 9 & 10 Council on Crime and Justice 50th anniversary events
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:22:33 -0700 (PDT)
Oct 9 & 10 Council on Crime and Justice 50th anniversary events
from Abbie Haluska <haluskaa [at] crimeandjustice.org>

The Council on Crime and Justice, an independent, non-profit, 501(c)(3)
organization that has been a leader in the field of social and criminal
justice in Minnesota since 1957, will host two major events in October
2007, in celebration of our 50th Anniversary.  Both events will be
extraordinary, both will draw significant audiences, and will
undoubtedly attract considerable media attention.

On Tuesday, October 9th, at 6:30 p.m., Malcolm Gladwell, the
award-winning author of "Blink" and "The Tipping Point", will speak at
the Council's annual Equal Justice Benefit at the Pantages Theater *  in
Minneapolis. Gladwell's speech will be based on a major study undertaken
by the Council on the occasion of our 50th year, and will focus on
Minnesota's Tipping Point.

On Wednesday, October 10th, at an all day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) public
Forum at the Minneapolis Convention Center * , the findings of the study
addressed in Gladwell's speech will be fully unveiled. The study
examines policy shifts, changes in societal attitudes and other key
developments in Minnesota over the past 50 years that have influenced
the way our justice system works today. It will also consider changes
that need to occur to improve our justice system. At the Forum, we will
develop a Framework for Minnesota's Future, one that will enhance both
justice and public safety over the next 50 years.

For ticket and sponsorship information, please contact Katie Fitzpatrick
at 612-596-9473 or fitzpatrickk [at] crimeandjustice.org or visit our website
at www.crimeandjustice.org <http://www.crimeandjustice.org/> . For
general information, please contact Guy Gambill at 612-596-7628 or
gambillg [at] crimeandjustice.org.

* The Pantages Theater is located at 710  Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis,
MN 55403.

* The Minneapolis Convention Center is located at 1301 2nd Avenue South,
Minneapolis, MN 55403.

The Council on Crime and Justice is located at 822 South 3rd Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55415.

We hope to see you there!

Abbie Haluska
Council on Crime and Justice