Progressive Calendar 07.04.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:16:59 -0700 (PDT)

1. Issue biking/KFAI 7.06 11am
2. Bob Bowman/KFAI   7.06 11:30am
3. Ffunch            7.06 11:30am
4. Palestine vigil   7.06 4:30pm
5. BushBad/musical   7.06 8pm

6. IRV in StPaul     7.07 10am
7. Homeless vets     7.07 10am
8. NWN4P Minnetonka  7.07 11am
9. GreenParty StP    7.07 12noon
10. F# [at] $ the system  7.07 7pm
11. Michael Albert   7.07 9pm
12. Luck bash        7.07 Luck WI

13. Cam fund plan    7.08 12noon
14. Ellison/9-11     7.08 12:30pm
15. StillwaterVigil  7.08 1pm
16. LRT info mtg     7.08 2pm
17. Vets4peace       7.08 6pm

18. Cindy Sheehan - I'm not backing off / call out the instigator
19. Paul Edwards  - Timid Democrats need to stand up or get lost
20. Howard Zinn   - Put away the flags
21. Russ Bynum    - McKinney rips fellow Democrats for supporting war
22. Steven Argue  - Beyond rightist lies, the real legacy of Che Guevara

--------1 of 22--------

From lhowell [at] visi.com Wed Jul  4 16:41:34 2007
Subject: Issue biking 7.06 11am

FRIDAY JULY 6, 11am
TUNE IN TO AN HOUR OF POWER = People Power, that is - on KFAI RADIO 11am
to NOON KFAI 90.3fm Mpls 106.7fm St.Paul ALL shows archived for 2 weeks
after broadcast at www.kfai.org

CATALYST politics and culture hosted by Lydia Howell has moved from
Tuesdays to FRIDAYS 11am, followed by Don Olson's long-running program
NORTHERN SUN NEWS.

Friday, July 6, 11am; CATALYST; Get some inspiration from JERRY SEDGEWICK
and his sons, LUC and LEVI, as they talk about their upcoming bike ride
from St. Paul, Minnesota to Washington,DC to bring attention to a variety
of issues that are impacting children and future generations;  global
warming, the state of public schools, corporate media and more.

--------2 of 22--------

From lhowell [at] visi.com Wed Jul 4 16:41:34 2007
Subject: Bob Bowman/KFAI 7.06 11:30am

Friday July 6, 11;30 NORTHERN SUN NEWS Hear Dr. Bob Bowman speaking at
Macalester on June 20th. Dr. Bowman is on his national TAKE BACK AMERICA
Patriots Tour, talking about a new vision to address the huge damage of
the last 20 years. Bowman had an Air Force career and he ran for Congress
in 2006 in Florida. He's also part of the 911 Truth Movement.

IN JULY; CATALYST will also have reportbacks from the first UNITED
STATES SOCIAL FORUM in Atlanta and hear from U OF MN Prof AUGUST NIMTZ
talking about the Supreme Court REVERSAL of the BRWN decision.

--------3 of 22--------

From: David Shove <shove001 [at] tc.umn.edu>
Subject: Ffunch 7.06 11:30am

Meet the FFUNCH BUNCH!
11:30am-1pm
First Friday Lunch (FFUNCH) for Greens/progressives.

Informal political talk and hanging out.

Day By Day Cafe 477 W 7th Av St Paul.
Meet in the private room (holds 12+).

Day By Day has soups, salads, sandwiches, and dangerous apple pie; is
close to downtown St Paul & on major bus lines

--------4 of 22--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Palestine vigil 7.06 4:30pm

Friday, 7/6, 4:30 to 5:30 pm, vigil to end the occupation of Palestine,
Snelling & Summit Aves, St Paul.  Karen, 651-283-3495.

--------5 of 22--------

From: _leahecooper [at] gmail.com_ (mailto:leahecooper [at] gmail.com)  <_
Subject: BushBad/musical 7.06 8pm

Can't Wait Til '08 Productions invites disgruntled and disgusted voters,
activists and politicians alike to come drink, sing and laugh together at
the Minnesota premiere of the hilarious New York hit, "Bush is Bad", a
cabaret and political event that finds the humor and song in all that is
wrong with the current administration - celebrating the fact that our long
national nightmare is almost over.

The show takes place in an intimate cabaret setting, and the theater's
cafe and wine bar will be open before and after the show. So it's the
perfect place to bring a group for a night out. There are great discounts
for groups.

New York's hit political cabaret comes  to the Heartland!
He's made you cry. Isn't it time he made you laugh?
Bush is Bad: The Musical
OPENS FRIDAY, JULY 6

Sing and dance your way through six painful years with your least-favorite
political figures... Featuring Dick Cheney, Ann Coulter, Condoleeza Rice
and, of course, the president in... BUSH IS BAD: THE MUSICAL

Starring Bonni  Allen, Bill Scharpen and Ross Young
Concept, Music, and Lyrics by Joshua D.  Rosenblum
Direction/Musical Direction by Michael Erickson

Old Arizona  Theater
2821 Nicollet Ave. S., Mpls.
BEER! WINE! DESSERTS! FREE  PARKING!

July 6 through August 12
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays  at 8 p.m.
Happy hour drink specials, 7 to 8 p.m.
Sundays at 2  p.m.
Ice cream and hot dogs on the patio, 1 to 2 p.m

Tickets: $25 all  shows
$20 seniors, students and Karl Rove
Groups of 10+ get 10%  off
Groups of 25+ get 20% off
Groups of 50+ get 25% off
Or buy out the  whole performance (up to 150 people) for $2,008

To purchase tickets  visit
_https://www.ticketturtle.com/index.php?theatre=oas_
(https://www.ticketturtle.com/index.php?theatre=oas)   or for more
information, call (612) 871-0050 ext  104.

_www.bushisbadminneapolis.com_ (http://www.bushisbadminneapolis.com/)

--------6 of 22--------

From PRO826 [at] aol.com Thu Jun 21 17:05:38 2007
Subject: IRV in StPaul 7.07 10am

Clever New Ways to Sign the Petition:
Every Saturday morning at 10 am, the campaign will be at Cahoots Coffee
Shop at Selby and Snelling to gather petition signatures and answer
questions about Instant Runoff Voting. The campaign website now features
a "Sign the Petition" button!
<http://www.fairvotemn.org//stpaul/signpetition%3F_qf_Edit_next%3DSign%2Bthe%2BP
etition>

--------7 of 22-------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Homeless vets 7.07 10am

Saturday, 7/7, 10 to 11:30 am, meeting of Homeless Veterans for Peace,
Peacehouse, 510 E Franklin, Mpls.  Bob 612-789-9020.

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P Minnetonka 7.07 11am

NWN4P-Minnetonka demonstration- Every Saturday, 11 AM to noon, at Hwy. 7
and 101.  Park in the Target Greatland lot; meet near the
fountain. We will walk along the public sidewalk. Bring your own signs.