Progressive Calendar 06.08.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 02:14:20 -0700 (PDT)

1. Language of peace 6.09 9am Frontenac MN
2. Palestine         6.09 9:30am
3. Trans health      6.09 10am
4. Homeless connect  6.09 10am
5. Health tabling    6.09 10am
6. Food labor        6.09 10am
7. NWN4P Minnetonka  6.09 11am
8. GreenParty StPaul 6.09 12noon
9. War! Yay Bush!    6.09 12noon
10. Northtown vigil  6.09 2pm
11. RNC planning     6.09 2pm
12. Survivor dinner  6.09 5:30pm
13. Doubt media/CTV  6.09 9pm
14. David Korten/CTV 6.09 10pm

15. Stillwater vigil 6.10 1pm
16. AWC volunteer    6.10 1pm
17. WAMM 25th Bday   6.10 3pm
18. Jermey Scahill   6.10 eve?

19. Jeffrey StClair - Israel's attack on the USS Liberty, revisited

--------1 of 19--------

From: "Jean Lauer" <jlauer [at] hbci.com>
Subject: Language of peace 6.09 9am Frontenac MN

Dear friends committed to peace in our world and in our lives,

We'd like to invite you to participate in a workshop on compassionate
communication to be held on June 9 at Villa Maria Center in Frontenac.
Please share the following information and the attached poster with members
of your organization who would like to focus on nonviolent communication.
Deep peace to you and yours, Jean Lauer Minister of Programs

VILLA MARIA CENTER TO HOST WORKSHOP
ON COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION JUNE 9

Frontenac, MN - Both a concrete road map of communication skills and a
spiritual practice, Nonviolent Communication (NVC) helps us see our common
humanity and live more peacefully.  In "The Language of Peace" workshop,
Wade Britzius teaches participants practical skills for communicating in
ways that honor the needs of both sides.

"I have been studying meditation for 20 years and have served as a
volunteer mediator for Trempealeau County Circuit Court for several years.
Teaching nonviolent communication gives hands and feet to spiritual
practice," says Wade Britzius.

Wade has been studying Nonviolent Communication since 2003.  He lives in
Galesville, Wisconsin, where he manages a Community Television Facility.
He has always had a strong interest in peace and the possibility of peace
between human beings.  Working towards certification in Nonviolent
Communication is a way to combine his education, experience and passion
for peace.

"It's easy to have lots of wonderful ideas to be more loving and get
along," said Wade, "but this workshop will give participants practical
tools and skills for peaceful communication.  It allows people to create a
quality connection and offers the possibility of meeting the needs of both
sides."

"A Language of Peace" will be held at Villa Maria Retreat Center on
Saturday, June 9 from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.  Nonviolent Communication is
an effective, transformative, and learnable process for creating
fulfilling relationships, emotional freedom, self-acceptance, and inner
and outer peace.  The practice of this communication model is based on the
work of Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. and the Center for Nonviolent
Communication (www.cnvc.org <http://www.cnvc.org/> .)

Participants will be introduced to simple yet powerful skills that will
allow them to recognize language that disconnects them from their inner
self and others.  They will also be immersed in active and empathetic
listening and learn to speak without creating hostility.  This process of
compassionate communicating allows people to resolve conflict peacefully
and in mutually satisfying ways.

"One of the core values of the Villa Maria Retreat Center is to promote
justice, peace and environmental stewardship," said Jean Lauer, program
director at the Villa. "Offering this type of workshop further
demonstrates our belief in and the importance of this value."

Villa Maria is located in Frontenac, Minnesota, overlooking the
Mississippi River and the bluffs of Wisconsin and is open to all.  Their
motto, "where God is center and the world is welcome" gives voice to their
mission to be open and inviting, providing a place for quiet, relaxation
and spiritual time.  In addition to individual retreats, the Villa offers
individual and group spiritual direction, retreats, a dream-work group,
and "A Day Away," which is a day of renewal, relaxation, spiritual
guidance and a massage.

For more information, please call Villa Maria Retreat & Conference Center
at 651-345-4582 or toll-free at 866-244-4582 or see the website at
www.villamariaretreats.org <http://www.villamariaretreats.org/>

Villa Maria Retreat and Conference Center 29847 Co. 2 Blvd., Frontenac, MN
55026 Phone:  651-345-4582 Ext. 17 Toll-Free:  866-244-4582 Home Office
Phone:  507-453-0576 Email:  <mailto:jlauer [at] hbci.com> jlauer [at] hbci.com
Website:  <http://www.villamariaretreats.org/> www.villamariaretreats.org
Contact: Jean Lauer jlauer [at] hbci.com www.villamariaretreats.org
http://www.villamariaretreats.org/>

--------2 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Palestine 6.09 9:30am

Saturday, 6/9, 9:30 coffee, 10 to 11 am program, Palestine Solidarity
Project presents "Israel's Occupation of Palestinians: Isn't 40 Years
Encough?," Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 41st St & Lyndale, Mpls.

From: David Strand <mncivil [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Trans health 6.09 10am

The Minnesota Transgender Health Coalition announces our first annual . .
TRANS COMMUNITY HEALTH AND WELLNESS FAIR
Saturday, June 9, 2007
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
at the Phelps Recreation Center, 701 E 39th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407
FREE with lunch and snacks provided (meat, vegetarian, vegan options available)
Pre-register online NOW at our website: http://www.mntransh ealth.org

FEATURING
"Getting Us All Covered For Everything: Steps to Trans Inclusive
Insurance" keynote speech by visiting expert Andre Wilson; 12 unique
workshops; variety of free health screenings;  community info tables &
free stuff!

DETAILS, DIRECTIONS & ACCESS
- An event for trans and gender variant people, partners, family, allies
and community
- Pre-registration is preferred: online at www.mntranshealth. org by phone
612-823-1152
- Registration will also be available at the door
- To request an ASL interpreter, please register online or by phone and
place your request by June 1
- Phelps Recreation Center is wheelchair accessible, has a small
off-street parking lot and plenty of on-street parking available, and is
located within 1 block of Metro Transit bus lines 5, 23, and 133 (see
www.metrotransit. org). There are both gender-neutral and gender-specific
restrooms available. Please refrain from wearing scented products so that
everyone, including those with allergies and Multiple Chemical
Sensitivities, can participate.
See our website for more details.

PROGRAMMING WILL INCLUDE:
 * "Getting Us All Covered For Everything:  Steps to Trans Inclusive
Insurance" -- a keynote speech by André Wilson from Michigan, a leading
expert on advocacy for transgender- inclusive insurance coverage,
currently serving as the Health Access Program Manager for the National
Center for Transgender Equality. In 2005, André led a successful union
campaign to bring trans-inclusive coverage to graduate employees at the
University of Michigan, work now carried forward in the national union
movement with resolutions in the American Federation of Teachers and Pride
At Work.
 * Health screenings and information (blood glucose, diabetes, stroke
prevention, blood pressure, cholesterol, heartburn treatment/preventio n,
healthy spine chiropractic screenings, HIV and STD info, and more)
 * 12 unique workshops, including hormones and surgery information,
holistic health and surgery, a panel of trans people in transition,
partners dialogue, advocacy panel, intro to yoga, and many more!
 * Chair massage
 * Info tables and free stuff by many trans, GLBTA and health community
organizations
CONTACT US If you have questions, or if you're interested in volunteering
or hosting an information table, please contact us at 612-823-1152 or
email us at info [at] mntranshealth. org.

--------4 of 19--------

From: Renee Jenson <faarjenson [at] qwest.net>
Subject: Homeless connect 6.09 10am

Volunteer at St. Paul/Ramsey County Project Homeless Connect

If you have questions about the email below, please contact Jim Anderson,
CHS Planner, at 266-4116 or jim.anderson [at] co.ramsey.mn.us

Please join St. Paul/Ramsey County Project Homeless Connect at the St.
Paul Armory on June 19, 2007. Your time and services will help end
homelessness.  Hundreds of volunteers will be needed to make this event a
success.  Please invite your friends, family and co-workers to volunteer
too.

There are opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer.
Volunteer Commitment We ask that volunteers attend a one hour training
session prior to the event.  Set-up and clean-up volunteers are not
required to attend the training, but are welcome to. This year we are
offering two training options. When you register to volunteer, you will
also register to attend one of the training session.

Training Sessions
Saturday, June 9, 2007 from 10-11am
Union Gospel Mission, 435 University Avenue, St. Paul
or
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 from 7-8 pm
Catholic Charities Seton Services, 1276 University Avenue W, St. Paul
(please park on the street or in the Target Shopping Center parking lot)

--------5 of 19-------

From: joel michael albers <joel [at] uhcan-mn.org>
Subject: Health tabling 6.09 10am

We have a great tabling opportunity for getting the word out about
single-payer, health care for artists etc at the Northside Arts Collective
Arts Festival this saturday, from 10 AM-6PM, North Commons Park, 15th &
James, North Mpls.

Is there anyone out there who can table (distribute UHCAN-MN health care
literature) esp from 1PM-6PM or whatever. They waived the $40 fee because
they understand that many artists are not only starving, but don't have
health insurance.  In addition to art there will be music, food and just
fun. We will be next to a friend of mine so if you need time to roam
that's fine.

If interested in volunteering, i can email you all the info. Let me know
ASAP if you can do this fun event.

Joel Albers Universal Health Care Action Network Minnesota 612-384-0973
joel [at] uhcan-mn.org www.uhcan-mn.org Health Care Economics Researcher,
Clinical Pharmacist