May 9th Radical Food Distribution Network dinner, movie showing, and discussion
From: Luce Guillen-Givins (luceggamericas.org)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:39:49 -0700 (PDT)
May 9th Radical Food Distribution Network dinner, movie showing, and
discussion
Movie and food at 6pm - discussion to follow

glean. (v) 1. to search a field after harvest in search of neglected
produce  2. to make use of any castoff item in a way that revitalizes
the item or transforms it into a useable thing  Everyone is invited to
the May 9th film screening of "The Gleaners and I" at the Jack Pine
Community Center located at 2815 E. Lake Street in Minneapolis. This
film illuminates the many ways people glean in our society from dumpster
diving to incorporating trash into art. We will then discuss how we as
Twin Cities folks can expand the network of radical food distributors.
This conversation will be action-oriented! Come with ideas to share! No
previous experience necessary.

This event is co-sponsored by Food Not Bombs, Sisters Camelot, and the
RNC Welcoming Committee. Veggie fare.