Progressive Calendar 03.08.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 00:44:33 -0800 (PST)
            P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R     03.08.07

1. Palestine vigil  3.09 4:30pm
2. Hmong/film       3.09 7:15pm
3. Labor/mgt/play   3.09 7:30pm
4. Alt-violence     3.09-3.11

5. Reel bad Arabs   3.10 9:30am
6. Kids peace books 3.10 10am
7. GPM committees   3.10 10am
8. 9/11 film        3.10 10:45am
9. NMN4P vigils     3.10 11am
10. Rights training 3.10 1:30pm
11. Islam/democracy 3.10 2pm
12. YAWR plans demo 3.10 3pm
13. Eastside co-op  3.10 5pm
14. Cuba/film       3.10 6:30pm

15. John Nichols  - Vermont: The next mission: removing a tyrant
16. Cindy Sheehan - Vermont: The land of hope
17. John Nichols  - Vermont votes to impeach Bush/Cheney
18. Dave Lindorff - LibbyGate: Time for the real story
19. Ron Jacobs    - The union makes us strong! The legacy of Lordstown

--------1 of 19-------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Palestine vigil 3.09 4:30pm

Friday, 3/9, 4:30 to 5:30 pm, vigil to end the occupation of Palestine,
Snelling & Summit Aves, St Paul.  Karen, 651-283-3495.

--------2 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Hmong/film 3.09 7:15pm

3/9 to 3/15, 7:15 pm, film "Story of Pao" about Hmong girl in northern
Vietnam and quest to find her biological mother, Oak St Cinema, 309 Oak St
SE, Mpls.  www.mnfilmarts.org

--------3 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: labor/mgt/play 3.09 7:30pm

3/9 to 3/24, 7:30 pm with some matinees, Mixed Blood Theater adapts "The
Pajama Game" as a bilingual tale of labor/management and cultural conflict,
Sabtahani Theater, 310 E 38th St, Mpls.  www.mixedblood.com

--------4 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Alt-violence 3.09-3.11

3/9 to 3/11, Alternatives to Violence Project advanced training, Friends for
a Non-Violent World, 1050 Selby Ave, St Paul.  aaron [at] fnvw.org

--------5 of 19--------

From: Florence Steichen <steichenfm [at] usfamily.net>
Subject: Reel bad Arabs 3.10 9:30am

MIDDLE EAST PEACE NOW
presents
"REEL BAD ARABS"

A new thought provoking film narrated by Jack Shaheen, Professor Emeritus
of Mass Communications at Southern Illinois University and former
consultant on Middle East affairs for CBS news, based on his
ground-breaking book. Film clips from cinema's earliest days to
contemporary blockbusters show how Hollywood vilifies a people and is
still doing it. This will test your memory. Did you notice the smearing of
Arabs in these many movies?

SATURDAY, March 10, 2007
9:30 a.m. Refreshments
10:00 a.m. Presentation and Discussion

SOUTHDALE HENNEPIN COUNTY LIBRARY - 2nd Floor
7001 York Ave. S., Edina, MN 55435
For information call Florence Steichen, 651-696-1642

--------6 of 19-------

From: Doris Marquit
Subject: Kids peace books 3.10 10am

Saturday, March 10, 2007, 10 am to noon
Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, Minnesota Metro Branch,
invites everyone to a talk, discussion, and display:

Children's Books on Peace and Justice
Speaker: Jo Montie
Van Cleve Community Center, 901 15th Ave. SE, Minneapolis
FFI: 651-458-7090; www.wilpfmn.org
FREE¶RefreshMentS ¶ Everyone Welcome! ¶