2/19: RNC-WC screening of "We Interrupt This Empire"
From: Luce Guillén-Givins (luceriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:26:15 -0800 (PST)
The RNC Welcome Committee
Presents a Screening and Discussion of the award winning film:

WE INTERRUPT THIS EMPIRE...
(The Video Activist Network, 2003)

Monday February 19th
8:00 PM at the Jack Pine Community Center
2815 East Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
612.729.2837

"We Interrupt This Empire..." is a collaborative work by many of the Bay
Area's independent video activists which documents the direct actions that shut
down the financial district of San Francisco in the weeks following the United
States' invasion of Iraq. With the audio backdrop including live broadcasts of
Enemy Combatant Radio from the SF Independent Media, the documentary takes a
look at the diverse show of resistance from the streets of San Francisco,
providing ample material to chew on in thinking about large-scale
demonstrations.

Winner . "Best of the Bay" - San Francisco Bay Guardian, July 2004

After the film we will have a lively discussion about how the tactics and
strategies used in the film apply (or don't) to our early organizing
efforts to welcome the Republican National Convention to Minnesota in 2008.

--
"I had been rowing back and forth, in a relentless manner, between two banks of a
wide river.  Increasingly, what I wanted was to be a burning boat in the middle of the