last saturdays for the jack pine
From: Luce Guillén-Givins (lucethejackpine.org)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:28:54 -0800 (PST)
*Last Saturdays for the Jack Pine!*

In an effort to secure our rent, the Jack Pine Community Center will be organizing a canvass on the last Saturday of every month. Volunteers will meet at 9:00 a.m. at the JPCC, 2815 E. Lake St. in Minneapolis, and disperse from there in small groups to hit up weekend grocery shoppers and the like. If the Jack Pine is a project you want to see thrive, but you don’t have a whole a lot of time to put in, this is a great way to help us out. The first canvass will be on Saturday, February 24^th .

Why do this now? Some months we make our rent easily, but some months it gets pretty down-to-the-wire. And we know we can’t count on good luck every month. So the canvass is intended to be a sort of safety net- ensuring ourselves one last chance at reaching $1500 for those months when regular fundraising didn’t quite cut it.

If you have questions, or if you have a car and can help transport people (even just once), contact Ryan, ry (a) riseup.net

--
Jack Pine Community Center
2815 E. Lake St.