Extra edition: peace calendar for the weekend
From: Charles Underwood (peacecalendarvisi.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:09:28 -0800 (PST)
Loyal peace calendar readers:

I am totally overbooked through the weekend, but I wanted to get out word
about an exciting meeting at Sabathani tomorrow.  So here it is, plus a few
events for the weekend.  A full peace calendar should be out by Sunday
evening.

Peace, Charley Underwood

********************

Protesting the RNC in 2008?

Meeting THIS Saturday 2/3 @ 2pm
Sabathani Community Center
310 East 38th Street, Minneapolis
Office of Welfare Rights Committee (room #207)

The Republican National Convention is coming to the Twin Cities in September
2008. The eyes of the world will be on St. Paul, as the Republicans meet to
nominate their next candidate for President. But the real news will be
breaking on the streets outside the Xcel Center, as progressive people from
around the country gather to protest. We will demand that U.S. troops get
out of Iraq. We will call for money for human needs, not for war. We will
protest the Republican Agenda, and in its place, demand peace, justice and
equality.

This meeting is for all individuals or organizations who want to be involved
in organizing our response to the RNC in 2008. Bring your plans, your ideas,
your questions and your enthusiasm. Please share this invite with others.
Contact jess [at] antiwarcommittee.org if you have questions or can't make this
meeting but want to stay informed about future meetings or activities.

*************************

1/26 to 2/15, Katherine Nash Gallery presents "Critical Translations," with
themes such as the Iraq war, gaps between rich and poor, Katrina, post-9/11
life, etc, located at the Regis Center for Art, 405 - 21st Ave S, West Bank,
Mpls.

Saturday, 2/3, 9:30 refreshments, 10 am program, Middle East Peace Now
presents Macalester prof Dr Khaldoun Samman talking on "Healing Injured
Identities and the Negation of Colonialist Discourse," about the perceptions
of "progress" at the root of today's negative environment, Southdale
Hennepin County Library, 7001 York Ave, Edina.  651-696-1642.

Saturday, 2/3, 11:30 am, former federal prosecutor Elizabeth de la Vega
speaks on her book "United States vs George W Bush," which would be a
presentation to a federal grand jury for abuses of power, 2615 Park Ave,
Mpls $10 suggested, includes lunch.  RSVP at 612-827-5364.

Saturday, 2/3, 2 pm, meeting for all individuals or organizations involved
in organizing a response to the Republican National Convention in '08,
Sabathani Community Center (room 207), 310 E 38th St, Mpls.
jess [at] antiwarcommittee.org

Saturday, 2/3, 2:30 pm, Elizabeth de la Vega, author of "US v. Bush" speaks
at mnpACT event, Open Circle Church, 2400 Highland Dr, Burnsville.
nnuyw533o358 [at] gmail.com

2/3 to 2/5, Dept of Peace conference in Washington, D.C.
www.ThePeaceAlliance.org or MaryJaneLaVigne [at] comcast.net

Sunday, 2/4, 9 am to 7:30 pm, Eyes Wide Open Minnesota exhibit of boots from
MN members of US military killed in Iraq and shoes from civilians, 104
Chapel Lane, St Joseph. 320-363-5221.