10/16 & 10/17: Upcoming at the Jack Pine
From: luce (lucethejackpine.org)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
1. **Presentation/Meeting: Uprising in Oaxaca**
What: Presentation on the current uprising on Oaxaca, by Oaxacan
campesino Jesus Leon and Witness for Peace team member Lauren Dasse,
screening of "Granito de Arena," and meeting to organize local
solidarity efforts
When: Monday, Oct. 16th, 8pm
Where: Jack Pine Community Center, 2815 E. Lake St., Mpls
info: www.thejackpine.org

2. **CIW Encuentro Reportback/Meeting**
What: A reportback from the Coalition of Immokalee Workers' Encuentro.
Twin Cities rep Brian Payne will give a report-back and update on the
CIW, followed by strategizing for local solidarity in the campaign
against McDonald?s
When: Tuesday, Oct. 17th, 7pm
Where: Jack Pine Community Center, 2815 E. Lake St., Mpls
Info: brianpayneyvp [at] gmail.com <mailto:brianpayneyvp*gmail.com>,
612-859-5750

-there will be children's activities at both events-

--
Jack Pine Community Center
2815 E. Lake St.

--
"I had been rowing back and forth, in a relentless manner, between two
banks of a wide river.  Increasingly, what I wanted was to be a burning