Progressive Calendar 07.13.06
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

1. Latin/choice       7.13 9am
2. Peace/harmony/film 7.13 12:30pm
3. Eagan peace vigil  7.13 4:30pm
4. Northtown vigil    7.13 5pm
5. Labor/health       7.13 5:30pm
6. Choice laughs      7.13 7pm
7. Iran/women/book    7.13 7pm
8. RamseyCo parade    7.13 7pm

9. Green roof         7.14 8:30am
10. Mexico/vote fraud 7.14 11:30am
11. Labor/wobfest     7.14 4pm
12. Teamsters         7.14 7pm
13. Mizna/literary    7.14 7:30pm
14. Queer boys nite   7.14 8pm
15. Global warming    7.14-16 Spring Green WI

16. ed           - Re: DFL hacks vs Ellison; Kushner
17. Bill Blum    - Great moments in the history of imperialism
18. Emma Goldman - A new Declaration of Independence

--------1 of 18--------

From: erin [at] mnwomen.org
Subject: Latin/choice 7.13 9am

Thursday, July 13: Pro-Choice Resources Presenting Silvia Enrique, Executive
Director of the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, located
in New York City, who will speak about Latina immigrants access to
Reproductive Health Services, specifically birth control and Emergency
Contraception.

9am. YWCA Midtown, 2121 East Lake Street, Minneapolis. Info, contact
Veronica at 612/825-2000.

---------2 of 18--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Peace/harmony/film 7.13 12:30pm

Thursday, 7/13, 12:30 pm, John Mohawk presents film "The Art of Peace,
Harmony with the Land" as a 'preview' to the Biooneers Conference, Pathways,
3115 Hennepin Ave S, Uptown Mpls.  612-247-0781.

--------3 of 18--------

From: Greg and Sue Skog <skograce [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Eagan peace vigil 7.13 4:30pm

--------4 of 18---------

From: EKalamboki [at] aol.com
Subject: Northtown vigil 7.13 5pm

NORTHTOWN Peace Vigil every Thursday to 5 to 6 pm, at the intersection of
Co. Hwy 10 and University Ave NE (SE corner across from Denny's), in
Blaine.

New Brighton, Roseville, Shoreview, Arden Hills, Spring Lake Park, Fridley,
and Coon Rapids.  We'll have extra signs.

From: stpaulunions.org <llwright [at] stpaulunions.org>
Subject: Labor/health 7.13 5:30pm

St. Croix Valley Central Labor council and St. Paul Trades and Labor
Assembly
Door Knocks and Phone Banks

Union Member to Union Member conversations about needed health care
reform.  Volunteers are necessary to visit and/or call Union members to
discuss:

· Stories of lost health care coverage.
· Escalating premiums.
· Exorbitant co pays.
· Delayed or avoided health care.

Before we talk about candidates we need to discuss issues important to
workers and their families.  However, labor&rsquo;s endorsed candidates
support reform and the right of Minnesotans to affordable and accessible
health care.

Join us to start the discussion and create momentum for labor victories
this fall.

Thursday, July 13, 5:30pm:

Door Knock Launching from Lilly Lake Park in Stillwater--Greeley St. at
Lily Lake (From Hwy 36 go N on Greeley approximately 1 mile to the Park).

Phone Bank from Sheet Metal Workers Union Hall-1681 East Cope Ave.
Maplewood

--------6 of 18--------

From: burrowsreise <burrowsreise [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Choice laughs 7.13 7pm

Here's an opportunity to support pro-choice organizing and have fun while
doing it...

NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota announces its Seventh Annual Comedy for Choice!

Confirmed performers include past favorites KEVIN KLING, MARY HIRSCH, AMY
SALLOWAY, and HOLLY DAVIS.  Just added: DARLENE WESTGOR, named "Funniest
Mom in America" by Nick [at] Nite, and AMY ANDERSON, one of the hottest
up-and-coming comedians in the U.S.

Pro-choice legislator and all around fun guy Frank Hornstein (DFL-60B)
will return to emcee the night of laughs.

Where else are you going to have the opportunity to see this many talented
artists under one roof?

Woman's Club of Minneapolis, 410 Oak Grove St, Mpls (Across from Loring
Park.  Free on-site parking)
7pm, Thursday, July 13
Tickets are $30 in advance ($35 day of event)

PURCHASE TICKETS AT www.prochoiceminnesota.org or at the event on
Thursday.

--------7 of 18--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Iran/women/book 7.13 7pm

Thursday July 13, 7pm, Amazon Books,
4755 Chicago Av S Mpls
Persis Karim

Let Me Tell You Where I've Been: New Writing by Women of the Iranian
Diaspora

The diversity of voices represented in this stunning collection of poetry,
fiction and nonfiction by women of Iranian descent shatters their narrow
image in the U.S. Though none are well known, most of the 53 authors live
in the U.S. and 15 have been published in journals if not books.  Though
many contributions avoid politics, several writers illustrate
heartbreaking incidents of stereotyping that reveal the struggle of facing
pervasive social suspicion. Touching on universal themes of love and loss,
exile and longing, politics and war, this collection derives its
cumulative power from its authors' subtle, uniquely female perceptions.