HOPE Speaks, at the Jack Pine 7/21
From: Luce (luceriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
HOPE SPEAKS
Friday, July 21, 6pm, Jack Pine Community Center

The Jack Pine will be hosting speakers from the H.O.P.E project, a
grassroots group in the New Orleans area committed to working with people
to rebuild in a just and sustainable way. They will show slides and speak
about the personal effects of Hurricane Katrina, their efforts to rebuild
their neighborhoods, the environmental impacts, the needs returning
residents have now, and how we can link our local struggles to those that
lead to the racism brought to the surface by Hurricane Katrina.  Free and
open to all, with dinner provided.  (Donations appreciated, to benefit the
work of the H.O.P.E. project.)   And bring your kids, there'll be someone
to play with them.
for more info on H.O.P.E, check out: www.keep-hope.org

Jack Pine Community Center
2815 E. Lake St., Mpls
612.729.2837 or info [at] thejackpine.org
www.thejackpine.org