Twin Cities: Upcoming events at the Jack Pine
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 06:44:13 -0700 (PDT)
Luce <luce [at] riseup.net> wrote:

FRIDAY, JUNE 23

Indymedia film screening.  Indymedia will be screening numerous shorts.
More info on this will be on our website within the next few days, so
check back!  8:30pm.  Free.

SATURDAY, JUNE 24

Benefit for Xuchialt School for the Arts, a Nicaraguan Artists'
Collective. This will include music from Bill Mike with Casey O'Brien (of
Eyedea and Abilities), Blue Rose, and The Gift.  Doors at 6pm.  $6.

FRIDAY, JUNE 30 - SUNDAY, JULY 2

Workshops leading up to the Festival of Resistance, organized by the
Minneapolis Anarchist Black Cross.  Friday night will be a screening of
the film "Breaking the Spell."  Saturday and Sunday will include numerous
workshops and discussions on topics such as the purpose of the black bloc,
organizing affinity groups, offensive and defensive tactics, police
tactics, and de-arrests.  More details coming soon!

FRIDAY, JULY 21

The Jack Pine will be hosting speakers from the H.O.P.E project, a
grassroots group in the New Orleans area committed to working with people
to rebuild in a just and sustainable way.  They will speak about the
personal effects of Hurricane Katrina, their efforts to rebuild their
neighborhoods, the environmental impacts, the needs returning residents
have now, and how we can link our local struggles to those that lead to
the racism brought to the surface by Hurricane Katrina.  This event may
also feature a screening of the Common Ground video "Solidarity not
Charity," and a discussion of tactics that have been used to respond to
the hurricane.  Free.

As always, feel free to stop by anytime to play some ping pong, hang out,
fool around on the internet, and chill with children.

Oh, and tell your junior rebels we say hi.

the Jack Pine
www.thejackpine.org
612.729.2837
2815 e. lake st., mpls

--
"I had been rowing back and forth, in a relentless manner, between two
banks of a wide river.  Increasingly, what I wanted was to be a burning