Progressive Calendar 05.25.06
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:00:54 -0700 (PDT)

1. NWA solidarity   5.26 9am
2. Schultz/AM950    5.26 5pm
3. Cavlan/Fetzer    5.26 7pm

4. AmIndian/AM950   5.27 3pm
5. NCountry Co-op   5.27 7pm
6. Arab coffeehouse 5.27 7:30pm

7. KFAI/Indian      5.28 4pm

8. Vets/memorial    5.29 9am
9. AI Augustana     5.29 8pm

10. David Strand  - IRV Moves to a Minneapolis City Council vote on Friday
11. Corey Stern   - Ballot access problems for third party candidates
12. Kate Randall  - FBI stages unprecedented raid on congressman's office
13. Amnesty Intl  - US et al assault on human rights
14. John Pilger   - Bolivia: a glimpse of freedom
15. Joe Kay       - Dems ensure confirmation of NSA spy chief to head CIA
16. Internet Anon - GWB goes to school (truer than true story)

--------1 of 16--------

From nwasolidaritymsp [at] hotmail.com Thu May 25 04:59:57 2006
Subject: NWA solidarity 5.26 9am

This is Local 33 president Ted Ludwig

Friday, May 26th, is the National Day of Support and Solidarity for
striking AMFA workers. AMFA will be picketing at airports across the
nation to show we are still on strike against Northwest Airlines. Local 33
has reserved the pavilion at Highland Park in St. Paul as a staging area
for picketing. We are encouraging everyone to attend and bring your family
and friends for a day filled with fellowship and food.

Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be served 9am-7pm and shuttling to and
from the picket sites will be provided.

Mike Hatch and Steve Kelly, both DFL candidates for Governor, will be
speaking at 4pm and 5:15pm, respectively.

We still need some volunteers to help throughout the day.

If you can spare a little time to help, call Susan at 952-224-5410. Please
make every effort to attend this Day of Solidarity and Support, even if
it's only to stop in and say Hi.

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>

Green candidates should invade this event (esepcially after the shameless
votes by DFL State Reps & Senators FOR the Twins stadium Corporate Welfare
this weekend!
 (We shouldn't forget their willingness to shovel money to NWA - $350M in
early 1990s for an Iron Range maintence base that was never built and more
recently after 9/11 MORE money given to NWA - though now, they demand that
workers take a 25% pay cut!)
 Stand with the workers but show them there's an alternative to being sold
out by the DFL! Lydia Howell

--------2 of 16---------

From: Wyn Douglas <wyn_douglas [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Schultz/AM950 5.26 5pm

David Schultz, who has provided legal counsel to the Greens, hosts on
Fridays from 5:00 - 6:00 PM, "Minnesota Matters," on Air America
Minnesota radio, 950 AM. Progressive discussion, interviews, and call
in.  GPM members are urged to listen and call in.

So far David Berger has been a guest and topics such as single-payer
health insurance, the environment, political reform, and economic
justice are staples of discussion.

--------3 of 16--------

From: greenpartymike <ollamhfaery [at] earthlink.net>
Subject: Cavlan/Fetzer 5.26 7pm

There will be a Fundraiser for the Cavlan For US Senate Camapign.

This is just the first heads up about the event. More notices will be
forthcoming. Please feel free to pass on the word to as many
groups/listserves/individuals as possible.

If you would like to be one of the speakers and/or have any questions
please contact Dori Ullman, Campaign Manager (612)414-9528 Michael Cavlan
RN (612)327-6902

Friday May 26 7pm till.....
Fundraiser for Cavlan For US Senate Campaign
Walker Community Church 3104 16th Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55407
Main Speaker Professor Jim Fetzer U Of M, Duluth

Why:   To get corporate money out of our democracy
How:  Only with your help......

There will be
         Music and Speakers Provided in the Upstairs Area

         Silent Auction
         Food
         Political Discussion and
         Lots of Fun in the Downstairs Area

Children welcomed, as all Green events tend to do.
All Other People also welcomed, as Green events tend to do.

We hope to see many of you all there.

If you are interested in helping make this event happen, then please contact
Dori Ullman, Campaign Manager       (612)327-6902
Mary Devitt, Volunteer Co-Ordinator (612)722-7066
Michael Cavlan RN, Candidate          (612)327-6902