Progressive Calendar 04.14.06
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:19:09 -0700 (PDT)

1. Counter recruit  4.14 12noon
2. Palestine vigil  4.14 4:15pm
3. Cavlan/KFAI      4.14 6pm
4. Venezuela        4.14 6pm
5. JayPond/Almanac  4.14 7pm
6. Elections/film   4.14 7:15pm
7. Anti-war puppets 4.14 8pm

8. Park cleaning    4.15 8:30am
9. Haiti Justice    4.15 9am
10. No tax for war  4.15 10:30am
11. Tax day rally   4.15 11:30am
12. Gray panthers   4.15 12noon
13. WAMM/MaydayBook 4.15 12noon
14. NLG dinner      4.15 6pm
15. Irish rising    4.15 6:30pm
16. Haiti evening   4.15 7pm

17. Bad health plan advocated by Sheldon Johnson
18. Kip Sullivan     - Reply to Sheldon Johnson's bad health plan
19. Coleman/Parker/Hine/Hare/Kelly - No Holman floodwall
20. Boland/Mitchell  - District councils
21. www.radiohc.cu   - Hemispheric anti-FTAA conference in Havana
22. Raymond Whitaker - Bush plans air strikes for regime change in Iran

--------1 of 22--------

From: sarah standefer <scsrn [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Counter recruit 4.14 12noon

Counter Recruitment Demonstration
 Our Children Are Not Cannon Fodder
Fridays   NOON-1
Recruiting Office at the U of M
At Washington and Oak St.  next to Chipolte
for info call Barb Mishler 612-871-7871

--------2 of 22--------

From: peace 2u <tkanous [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Palestine vigil 4.14 4:15pm

Every Friday
Vigil to End the Occupation of Palestine
4:15-5:15pm
Summit & Snelling, St. Paul

There are now millions of Palestinians who are refugees due to Israel's
refusal to recognize their right under international law to return to
their own homes since 1948.

--------3 of 22--------

From: DoriJJ [at] aol.com
Subject: Cavlan/KFAI 4.14 6pm

Finally the interview that KFAI did with Michael Cavlan will be broadcast
this Friday, April 14, on KFAI-FM and going out nationally on the Pacifica
network.  It was rescheduled from its originally planned slot of two
Fridays ago because KFAI was conducting its Pledge Drive.

I have also learned that the reporters had gathered so much material on
the subject, (Impeachment of George Bush) that they are filling two
segments with the information.  So be sure to listen to KFAI-FM beginning
at 6:00 PM this Friday, April 14.

--Dori Ullman Campaign Manager The Committee to Elect Michael Cavlan to
the US Senate 2006

--------4 of 22--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Venezuela 4.14 6pm

Fri April 14: Report Back and Discussion on the March 4-6 National
Venezuela Solidarity Conference including a short film on the conference
6pm at the University of Minnesota La Raza Student Cultural Center,
Coffman Union 300;  Washington Ave. SE

--------5 of 22--------

From: Wyn Douglas <wyn_douglas [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: JayPond/Almanac 4.14 7pm

Jay Pond (seeking GP endorsement for the 5CD seat) will be on Almanac
this Friday night at 7 pm - TPT channel 2.

--------6 of 22--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Elections/film 4.14 7:15pm

FRI.APR.14-20:(film)"Our Brand is Crisis" to Play @ Bell Auditorium

Follow U.S. Political Strategist ³Raginı Cajun²/Clinton adivsor James
Carville and his team as they Try to Help their Client Win a Presidential
Election in a South American Country

³Our Brand is Crisis²
At the Bell Auditorium
April 14 ­ April 20

In her debut documentary, director Rachel Boynton chronicles the election
methods of former Bill Clinton advisor James Carville who, along with his
team of U.S. political consultants, attempts to facilitate the election of
Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada to the presidency of Bolivia. "Our Brand is
Crisis" demonstrates the international effectiveness ­ and the
consequences ­ of the methods used to twice elect President Clinton.

³Our Brand is Crisis² runs April 14-20 at the Bell Auditorium located in
the Bell Museum of Natural History at 10 Church Street SE on the East Bank
Campus at the intersection of University and 17th. Parking is available in
area lots, and it is free on Sundays in the Church Street lot.

Admission is $8 general, $6.50 seniors/students, and $5 members.  Shows run
at 7:15 and 9:15 nightly, with additional showings on Saturdays and Sundays
at 5:15.