Conversational Salon
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:08:00 -0800 (PST)
HI, This Tuesday we will watch the film, Joyous Noel, the poignant film
about the truce between waring nations for one night only,  Christmas
Eve, 1914.

The last Tuesday of the year will be the readings of some of Robert Frost's poetry.
The poems chosen are written below.

Tuesday evening, 6:30 PM, December 27th. Come and help us see the Old Year out and the New Year in with the poetry of Robert Frost, by reading and sharing our thoughts and feelings on several of Robert Frost's heartfelt ornaments, The Road Not Taken, Mending Wall, Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening, Acquainted With The Night, & Fire and Ice. Many of us became acquainted with these poems when we were young. They may have meant something entirely different then. What do they mean to us now that we have grown older? Perhaps, together, we shall uncover the real meaning of these poems and then wisely choose the road ahead that beckons? You may want to read to us other of Frost's poems to illustrate a point or perhaps one of another poet. Maybe you would like to look at two poems for inspiration, Yeat's The Lake Isle of Innisfree and Hopkin's God's Grandeur. Though it does seem rather dark of late, come and help Art usher in a new year' light. (Steve Pastick)
Try and pick up a copy of Frost's poems, or look online.

The book chosen for The Little Book of the Odd Month Club is Heaven's Coast by Mark Doty. Mark Doty is a poet but this is a memoir. We will discuss it the last Tuesday in January, 2012.

Thanks,

patty

We want YOU to be a whistle blower