Conversational Salon (Grandmothers Circles)
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Next Tuesday, June 14 Mary Ellen Foster will be the guest at our salon, and will speak about Grandmothers Circles.

Grandmother Circles is an organization created to support grandmothers in Kenya who are the sole support of orphaned children. These brave widowed women have chosen to forgo patriarchal tribal custom and to form circles of mutual support. These circles make it possible for the children to live in nurturing relationships while empowering the grandmothers to become financially independent. The relentless poverty of the region makes the work of the circles especially onerous. We are committed to support them in any way we can.

Hope to see you,

patty

We want YOU to be a whistle blower