Fwd: Pease Contact Your Legislators Again This Week!
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
This isn't about the salon, but i hope you can do what this person, Phyllis, is asking us to to. Please contact your representative and senator. Things are so awful that the Republicans are doing, lets at least keep the funds that help our children and families who need our help the most.
thanks, patty

Begin forwarded message:

BACKGROUND:

The Senate and the House have been working to reconcile the Health and Human Services Omnibus Bill. It appears that the bill emerging from the conference committee is the Senate version which contains extremely deep cuts to services of all kinds that affect children and families in Minnesota. This compromise bill must be voted on in the House and Senate before it is forwarded to Governor Dayton. While we believe that Governor Dayton will veto this bill, it is still important that we contact our legislators to voice our concerns and to show our support for children and families.

ACTION:

Please email your representative and senator. State who you are and why you are contacting him/her. This is the suggested language below:

The Health and Human Services Conference Committee proposal reduces CCSA grants by $22 million in Fiscal Years (FY) 12-13 and $24 million in FY 14-15. The CCSA grants are the only state dollars in Minnesota’s child welfare system. Please think about the impact this will have on children and families and restore these cuts.

Further, it may also be a good idea to contact Governor Dayton either by phone at 651-201-3400
or by using the online form to send your concerns. Here is the link:

http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/

Please let me know who you contacted - either blind copy me or send me an e-mail. Thank you so much for doing this. I know how busy all of you are, but it is so important...We need to keep the pressure on these legislators for things to change...

Phyllis Skinner

Team Captain

Safe Passage For Children

952-943-8554