Progressive Calendar 04.30.11
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:51:25 -0700 (PDT)

1. $ociety/$pirit  4.30 1pm
2. CUAPB           4.30 1:30pm
3. Northtown vigil 4.30 2pm
4. Intl workers    4.30 5pm
5. END:CIV film    4.30 7pm
6. Web of Debt     4.30 7pm
7. Celtic players  4.30 8pm
8. Malalai Joya/TV 4.30 9pm

9. John Kolstad  - Riverside road construction
10. Alan Muller  - Oppose SF1244: Another attack MN environmental review
11. Kathy Ahlers - Hampden Park Co-op seeks GM
12. JP Sottile   - 2-party America: divided, conquered
13. Alan Maki    - Can Obama win in 2012?
14. ed           - Freedom  (haiku)

--------1 of 14--------

From: Richard Kotlarz <richkotlarz [at] GMAIL.COM>
Subject: $ociety/$pirit 4.30 1pm    [ed head]

Please find pasted in below an invitation for the next (fifth in five
months) conversation about money at the Minneapolis downtown library.  I
envision this session as being something of a workshop where we will get
beyond simply talking about money in a more general discussion, and put a
greater focus on seeing in real terms how money in our society is created,
issued and retired, and how the effects of that unfold into our lives.
This is where our personal and collective financial lives, and the
"monetary system", begin.

Saturday, April 30th, 2011
A Conversation with Rich Kotlarz on Money, Society and the Spirit
Hennepin County Downtown Library,
300 Nicollet, Minneapolis 55401
Room N-202.
1-4:30pm

As part of the Ecology Democracy Network's next conversation with monetary
theorist Rich Kotlarz, we will:
-Role-play how money comes into existence.
-Do an exercise to examine the language of economic reporting as it
appears in the media. Feel free to bring in an article if you like.

Rich Kotlarz is director of the "Council on Money and Society" in
Minneapolis/ St. Paul, in association with Third Threshold Ministering of
Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Rich has offered insight and created a climate of discussion with people
throughout the United States on how we can view, and implement a renewed
monetary vision.

Ken Pentel Director of the Ecology Democracy Network P.O. Box 3872
Minneapolis, MN 55403 www.ecologydemocracynetwork.org kenpentel [at] yahoo.com
(612) 387-0601